EMPHNET is announcing the launch of the next webinar in its WEBi Series titled “Good Governance to Tackle NCDs in the EMR.” which we will be hosting on Tuesday, September 6, 2022 from 17:00 to 18:30 Jordan Local Time (UTC+3).
This webinar will provide a convening platform of expertise at the global, regional, and country levels for knowledge exchange, discussing NCD governance, health, and wellbeing. Overall, this webinar aims to provide evidence and identify strategies to strengthen the national governance for NCDs.
The webinar session will focus on:
- Shedding a light on the importance of good governance to combat NCDs and highlighting the main determinants of current challenges affecting good governance.
- Sharing best practices through diverse learnings from global, regional, and country experiences.
- Discussing the element of governance and conceptual models to assess governance at national level.
Proposing applicable, sustainable, and innovative strategies to maintain and improve governance.
Participating experts include:
- Dr Lamia Mahmoud, Regional Advisor, NCD Prevention, World Health Organization, EMRO.
- Dr. Hala Abou Taleb, Regional Advisor, Health Systems Governance at World Health Organization, Regional Office for Eastern Mediterranean Region.
- Dr Shadha S. Al-Raisi, Director of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in the Ministry of Health, Oman.
- Dr Mona AtaAllah, Director of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in the Ministry of Health, Iraq.
The session will be moderated by Prof. Faris Lami, Public Health Expert, Associate Professor, University of Baghdad, Iraq.
To attend this webinar, please register Here
We look forward to having you join us, and we invite you to share this invitation within your respective networks.