EMPHNET is announcing the launch of the next webinar in its WEBi Series titled “The Transfer of Knowledge in the Digital Age, and the Increased Significance of E-libraries”. The webinar will be held on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, from 17:00 to 19:00, Jordan Local Time (UTC+3).
The digital era has dramatically changed the way we exchange and transfer knowledge. In the field of health, knowledge transfer has been an essential requirement for improving the quality of healthcare, research, and quality of life in regions where the population has not yet reached a high level of economic and social development such as the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR). This session brings together a panel of experts to discuss further the challenges and opportunities associated with the transfer of knowledge in the digital age and the increasingly significant role electronic libraries play in elevating public health practice.
The webinar session will focus on:
- Examining the importance of electronic libraries in healthcare.
- Discussing the effect of open access electronic libraries on public health practices and research.
- Presenting EMPHNET’s Electronic Library (EEL).
Participating experts include:
- Dr. Najeeb Al-Shorbaji, President of the Jordan Library and Information Association.
- Dr. Ola El Zein, Director of the Medical Library at the American University of Beirut.
- Ms. Alice Haddadin, Director Library and Educational Resources Centre at King Hussein Cancers Center.
- Mr. Ghaith Salameh, Head of Electronic Library of Medicine (ELM).
- Ms. Meral Al Gunaid, Networking Officer, EMPHNET Electronic Library (EEL) Administrator, GHD|EMPHNET.
The session will be facilitated by Dr. Faris Lami, Public Health Expert, Associate Professor, Baghdad University, Iraq, and Ms. Dana Shalabi, Knowledge Exchange and Networking Team Leader, GHD|EMPHNET.
We look forward to having you join us, and we invite you to share this invitation within your respective networks.
Please see the promotional video here.
You can register here