We are delighted to share with you the announcement for our upcoming Webinar titled “Multisectoral Coordination for Preparedness and Response to Public Health Threats that Threaten Global Health Security: Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic” which we will be hosting on Tuesday, July 5, 2022, from 17:00 to 18:30 Jordan Local Time (UTC+3).
This webinar, led by a panel of experts will tackle issues related to multisectoral coordination in the preparedness and response to public health threats and will shed the light on the important elements of multisectoral coordination. It will also highlight some recommendations relevant to countries in the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR) to improve and strengthen their MSC structures, while using Pakistan’s experience in the COVID-19 pandemic as a case study.
The webinar session will focus on
- Highlighting how multisectoral coordination is an integral component for compliance with the IHR and addressing country gaps that are identified in JEEs.
- Exchanging knowledge, best practices, and lessons learned from global, regional, and country multisectoral coordination in preparing and responding to public health emergencies and threats.
- Discussing and proposing recommendations and strategies to strengthen MSC and addressing gaps in countries for better preparedness and response to public health threats hindering global health security.
Participating experts include
- Dr. Dalia Samhouri: Regional Manager of Emergency Preparedness and IHR at the WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean
- Dr. Mumtaz Khan : Senior Scientific Officer, and Field Epidemiologist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Dr. Faris Lami: Public Health Expert, Associate Professor, Baghdad University, Iraq
The session will be moderated by Ms. Leen Daoud, Technical Officer at the Polio & Immunization Department, GHD|EMPHNET.
To attend this webinar, please register here.